This post contains affiliate links.
Are you planning to start affiliate marketing on Instagram but don’t know which niche to start with? If so, then relax and read as we list the Best niche for affiliate marketing on Instagram and also put you through everything you need to know about Instagram affiliate marketing.
One of the biggest mistakes most people make when starting affiliate marketing is choosing the wrong niche. However, each niche may be good for a specific platform.
As we all know that not every niche will work on Instagram, and likewise the best niches for Instagram may not work on another platform.
If you are a beginner planning to start affiliate marketing on Instagram, this post will help you choose a perfect niche to start with and some tips that will help you succeed in it.
How to Start Affiliate Marketing on Instagram
Using Instagram for affiliate marketing is very interesting, but if you don’t know how, and where to start, it will seem frustrating. Well, starting affiliate marketing on Instagram is much easier than on most platforms, due to the fact that Instagram is a virtual (Images and Video) based platform.
There are only a few steps to get started which are as follows;
- Pick a niche: It is not only important to choose a niche but to choose the right one. This is the primary goal of this post. If you already have a niche, great; if not, don’t worry. Later in this post, we will discuss some ideal niches.
- Set up an account: The affiliate account should be different from your personal account. It is even recommended to create fresh real work to begin. ( Make sure to include your target keywords in your bio so your account will be shown to the right audience )
- Grow the account: This is where almost everything lies, and it should be taken seriously. I see many people buying accounts with many followers, but it is not recommended. such kinds of accounts will only give you little or no sales unless the account focuses on your preferred niche.
Instead of buying an account for affiliate marketing, it is recommended to reach out to the big boys in your niche for a shout-out, or follow their followers. Some of their followers will follow you back if they see that you also share something they have an interest in.
- Promote and sell: After growing the page, the next thing is to get your affiliate link from the companies or platforms you are marketing, then promote and sell for a commission.
Well, don’t over-promote your links, they should be promoted in a simple and natural way so you won’t lose your followers because too much promotion can get them annoyed and unfollow you.
Best Niche for Affiliate Marketing on Instagram
Most of the time, niche research is difficult. It can take some time to find the perfect niche, especially if you are a beginner. However, to save you time and stress, we have some good niches for affiliate marketing on Instagram listed below.
1. Health and Fitness
Health and fitness is a very hot and profitable niche for Instagram. According to the hierarchy of needs, health fall under safety and security which are second needs after physiological needs.
Many people are so concerned about their health and also want to build a perfect body shape. This simply implies that there is a high demand for product recommendations in this niche. However, this niche is very competitive, and you will need to put in hard work and consistency.
Best Affiliate Program for Health and Fitness
- Aaptiv Program: The Aaptiv is a workout and music base fitness app that’s an idea for those who love playing music alongside doing workouts and seems to be one of the easiest programs to promote,
because hardly you see people doing workouts without music. The Adaptive affiliate program pays up to $30 per sign-up making it a great program to promote.
- FanFuel Affiliate Program: Fanfuel has been around for decades and is owned by the Wolfson Brand. Fanfuel is the official UK supplier of health supplements in the health, fitness and wellness industry.
According to their affiliate terms, they pay up to 40% per verified sale and they have a cookie period of 90 days which is very good because not everyone who clicks on your affiliate link will make a purchase instantly some will have to wait for days before making a purchase.
- Body Gym Affiliate Program: Body Gym is of the world’s most popular brands that offer portable gyming equipment, to help people save $1000’s dollars spent on buying gyming equipment.
Budy Gym has over 2 million customers globally and they also offer an affiliate program that pays its affiliates a 10% commission per sale with a 30 days cookie period, which is not too long but an idea period for someone who clicks on your link to make a purchase if he or she is interested.
Lifestyle is another good niche for affiliate marketing on Instagram. since Instagram deals with videos and pictures, it makes it easy to explore new and trending lifestyles. As an affiliate marketer, it is a greater advantage to make use of the platform to promote affiliate products for a commission.
However, the niche is saturated. so it will be better if go into sub-niche like celebrity lifestyle instead of the general lifestyle.
Best Lifestyle Affiliate Program
- Rewardstyle: As the name implies Rewardstyle is a fashion base affiliate program that connects fashion brands, and content creators with shoppers. Rewardstyle is a platform created by fellow fashion influencers and the brands make an average of $3 Billion on annual revenue records.
RewardStyle pays between 5% to 20% per confirmed sale made through your affiliate link, which is among the average offer every affiliate program pays.
- Bluprint (Craftsy): Blueprint is a DIY/handicraft organisation that offers Online Classes to individuals who are interested in learning how to sew, paint, cake decoration, do fitness classes, and do more.
Blueprint seems to be one of the high-paying affiliate programs when it comes to the lifestyle industry because they offer a commission rate of 75%, and it doesn’t end there, they also offer a 15% commission for repeating customers.
As you see beauty, I guess the first thing that comes to your mind is “women”. yeah, people who venture into this niche target women most.
One of the reasons why I love this niche is that there are many things you can sell for a commission. Also, there is a high buying rate in the niche. This niche will benefit those who know much about women and their needs in terms of beauty.
Best Beauty Affiliate Program
- Makeup Geek: As the brand name states, “MakeUp Geek” is a brand that offers some top-notch makeup products such as vegan makeup products, and also gives advice to their customers who are interested in knowing more about the healthy use of makeup.
Makeup Geeks affiliate program pays its affiliate a commission rate of 15% per sale, however, they have a short period of cookies which is just 15 days.
- Girlactik Beauty: Girlactik Beauty seems to be one of the biggest makeup brands that are fully into makeup products alone, and all products are made by them. They produce products like; lipgloss, gloss balms and more.
Girlactik Beauty affiliate program is one of the best affiliate programs in the Beauty industry, they pay an 18% commission per product sale and their cookie period lasts up to 60 days which is two months on average.
- 100% Pure: This brand mainly focuses on natural products for all their makeup products, because they care so much about the health of their customers. According to them, all their products are natural, cruelty-free, and free of artificial colours, fragrances, and synthetic preservatives.
100percentpure pays affiliates a commission rate of 8% per sale with a maximum of 45 days cookie duration. The commission seems small but it is worth it, remember the goal isn’t to go for high commission but to recommend the best product to your audience.
People love music. In fact, many people can’t do without it. come think of the amount people spend streaming music on different platforms every day. Why don’t you become an affiliate on those platforms and let people stream through your affiliate link?
There is no doubt that music is one of the best affiliate niches for Instagram and other social media. And one thing about this niche is that it is easy to grow despite the competition.
Best Music Affiliate Program
- Musician’s Friends: This is a globalized company that offers all the musical instruments you can imagine. When it comes to producing musical instruments, even Amazon inventories can’t compete with this brand.
One great reason why I actually love this brand is that they do worldwide delivery this enables affiliates from anywhere to promote their links anywhere without spending time targeting a particular country.
However, they do not have a self-hosted affiliate program, so for you to be able to promote their products, you will have to sign-up to FlexOffers, because that’s where they are hosted.
Musician’s Friends offers a commission of 4% per sale which is really small though is not bad since their products carry high prices, meaning you can still make some good commission per sale. They also have a short cookie duration of just 14 days.
- Sweetwater: This is the biggest online store for musical instruments and high-quality audio equipment in the United States of America. Sweetwater was once a mini remote recording studio back in 1979.
Sweetwater also doesn’t have their self-hosted affiliate program, so they are in connection with Link Connector Network. They are one of the best affiliate programs in the music niche because they also pay a commission of $0.07 per click which is little but not bad because you earn that without making a sale.
- MasterClass: Instead of just promoting musical instruments, you can also promote a well-acredited platform that brings top-quality music teachers together to help individuals who are interested in music learn about it.
MasterClass offers music training classes online, they also offer classes on how musical instruments such as Guitar can be played and more.
MasterClass offers an affiliate commission of 25% per sale with a cookie duration of 30 days. However, for you to be able to promote this program, you will have to sign-up on ShareAsale.
Cars or automobile is one of the unsaturated niches on Instagram. One thing I love about this niche is simplicity. You don’t need to do much work, just get beautiful car pictures or short videos and post consistently. You will be amazed how people love cars.
However, it is quite harder to get many sales in this niche compared to the above niche. But the commission on little sales from a product can cover many sales in other niches.
Best Affiliate Program for Cars/Automobile
- Zoro: Is fully focused on supplying automotive products – They do provide products in other industries such as manufacturing and building contractors.
Zoro products are from top quality and certified brands like; Stanly, Fill-Rite, Bosch and Dawn.
Zoro offers an affiliate commission of 4% per sale and a cookie duration of 30 days, it seems very short but enough for someone to decide on what to buy.
- Rentalcars: Are the world’s most extensive online car rental service provider they started in 2004. According to Indoleads, Rentalcars makes 8 million bookings every year in over 60,000 different locations across 160 countries worldwide, making them trustworthy affiliate partners to work with.
Rentalcars pays its affiliate a commission rate of 5% per successful lead, which is a good rate as compared to the price of car rental.
One of the most intriguing aspects of beginning affiliate marketing on Instagram is that you don’t have to be a great writer or write much. You can get by with just a few simple captions.
Another thing is that, even if you don’t get many sales from affiliate links, you can reach the big companies or brands in your niche for a paid advert. Most people make a lot make cool cash from this method. and sometime, the companies will be one asking you for promotion.
Finally, avoid buying followers, it won’t help in the long run. Grow your followers naturally, let those who are interested in what you share on your handle follow you willingly.
Thanks for reading our article on the best niche for affiliate marketing. You can also check some of our affiliate marketing guides below;
This post contains affiliate links.