How To Make Money With Affiliate Marketing Without A Website
Affiliate marketing is a great way to make money on the internet. It gets easier daily as more companies offer individuals the opportunity to earn a commission off their products whenever they make a sale.
But most people are scared away from this opportunity because they often hear people saying “you can not make money with affiliate marketing without a website”. Well, the central fact here is that you can actually make as much money as every other affiliate marketer is making without having a single website.
The only advantage a website gives to an affiliate marketer is that it makes it easy to generate sales and get approval from some affiliate networks that require a website before approval.
So in this article, I am going to share with you 3 simple ways to make money with affiliate marketing without a website.
3 Ways to do affiliate marketing without a website
There are many ways to promote and make money from affiliate offers without having a website. As long as you know your duty as an affiliate marketer, a website isn’t a necessity.
Make use of Social Media
Social media is currently the number one tool when it comes to marketing and connecting with people and also getting your affiliate links to hundreds of eyeballs in a blink of an eye.
According to research carried out by smartinsights, social media users globally grew from 4.2 billion in January 2021 to 4.62 billion in January 2022, and as of January 2023, social media has received an additional 137 million users, with these great stats, you can clearly see why there is a high possibility of making affiliate sales without having a website.
However, to see success with social media affiliate marketing, you will first pick the right product, and build an interesting audience base by creating content that will gain their trust and always be willing to offer a helping hand when needed.
Here is a list of my favourite social media platforms when it comes to affiliate marketing and a brief on what best works for all.
- Facebook: This is the world’s most used social media platform when it comes to connecting with friends and making B2C ( Business-to-Consumer) transactions as most users on the platform often go there to meet new friends and also connect with old-time pals. Facebook actually works perfectly in promoting all kinds of content, however, Reels are currently getting the most traction.
- Instagram: This is a high-performing platform when it comes to affiliate marketing. Though it most favours some niches over others. Niches like lifestyle and health work better as compared to other niches.
Instagram mainly works with virtual content such as Images and videos and to grow your account faster, I will advise you to focus more on creating Reels as the algorithm currently favours that and consistency. Consider reading our previous article on the 5 Best niches for affiliate marketing on Instagram.
- LinkedIn: This is more of a B2B platform that consists of experts in different industries and beginners who are interested in learning more in other to upgrade their skills. LinkedIn should definitely be on your list if you are planning on promoting courses, services or anything tutorials.
If your plan is to promote an affiliate program with LinkedIn, then you should take advantage of the LinkedIn article feature that allows users to embed keywords in a post just as bloggers do on their websites.
- Quora: This is a QNA platform that’s definitely a go-to place for every affiliate marketer as you have the opportunity to join space with thousands of users and give value to others then generate sales in return.
When getting started on Quora, your main goal shouldn’t be spamming every single post you see with affiliate links but rather answering people’s questions and building a good profile before moving on with affiliate offers.
- Reddit: This is more of a QNA and Social media combined platform and is often used by bloggers to generate traffic to their website, and Techies who go there to either learn more about their skills or offer a helping hand to beginners. This makes it a great way to promote affiliate offers but from my observation, it’s less conversational as compared to other platforms but is definitely a go-to place for affiliate marketing.
Create a YouTube Channel
YouTube is currently the second most used search engine and millions of people go there daily to either learn new skills or create content in other to make money off the platform.
So if you’re ready to make some decent amount off affiliate marketing, then getting on YouTube should definitely be an option for you. If you’re able to spend time and build a decent audience on YouTube, you will realise that YouTube is the best place to promote affiliate offers.
One thing to take note of is that YouTube mainly deals with video content, so your affiliate link can either be placed on your video screen during editing or simply placed in your video description.
In addition, YouTube will also pay you for the content you create on their platform making it a double source of income. Just imagine generating affiliate sales of the platform and at the same time getting paid for your content.
Join online forums
Online forums are effective but highly underrated methods of generating affiliate sales. But before signing up for an online forum, first, make sure to pick a product you’re interested in and then go on to Google and search for forums with people that are interested in that product.
Also, when you get the chance to join online forums, do not kick-start by sharing affiliate links but focus on helping people solve problems that have to do with that product and in that process, you can then make reference to that product you are promoting.
I believe this blog post has helped answer your question and clear your doubts about affiliate marketing in relation to having a website. If you are yet to start affiliate marketing, consider checking our previous post on The Ultimate Affiliate Marketing Guide for Beginners.
Do you have any other way you have been promoting affiliate offers? kindly let me know down in the comment section and also share this post, and don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube for more tips.
This post contains affiliate links.