How to Start CPA Marketing For Beginners and Make Money The Ultimate Guide
A lot of people are always looking for a fast and easy way to make money online, so the majority of them end up becoming CPA marketers because they were told that’s the best and easy way to make money online.
The painful part of it is that majority of them give up along the line because they couldn’t get the right guide to kickstart their journey.
In this article, I will be sharing with you a complete guide on How to Start CPA Marketing For Beginners and make money online.
The cost-per-action (CPA) marketing model is a type of performance marketing that focuses on driving measurable user actions, such as registrations, downloads, and subscriptions.
It’s a great way to make money online if you are not interested in affiliate marketing, though they are similar businesses, there is a slight difference in the sense that, with affiliate marketing, you are paid per sale but in CPA marketing, you are paid per action not necessarily a sale.
Read on to learn more about CPA marketing and how you can use it to make money as a beginner.
What is CPA Marketing?
Cost per action (CPA) marketing is a type of performance marketing where advertisers pay promoters for every qualified lead, such as sign-ups, downloads, or purchases. It’s a great way to make money by sending potential customers and driving specific user actions, such as registrations, downloads, and subscriptions to brand offers.
CPA marketing is the cost-per-action marketing model. This model includes a variety of other internet marketing methods that use the pay-per-action model such as affiliate marketing, search engine marketing, and cost-per-click (CPC) marketing.
The main aim of all these marketing methods is to make money through a user action, like a click, download, or registration.
You can see how this marketing model is easy to make money with. the truth is there’s a high ROI (Return On Investment) in this business model if you invest in it.
CPA Marketing VS Affiliate Marketing
Some people see CPA marketing and affiliate marketing as the same thing, but they are not. Although, they both work in similar ways. So, what is the difference between CPA marketing and affiliate marketing? relax and read;
CPA simply means cost-per-action or cost-per-acquisition. It often uses the term “Marketing” by the promoters. so, CPA marketing means promoting CPA offers that require people to complete simple tasks like submitting emails, taking surveys, etc.
Affiliate marketing is the process of promoting other people’s products or services for a commission on every sale made through your affiliate link.
One of the major differences between the terms is that. in affiliate marketing, people need to make a purchase through your link before you can earn. While in CPA marketing, people only need to complete an action.
How Does CPA Marketing Work?
CPA marketing works by paying a publisher when a user completes a specific action, such as signing up for a trial of a product, downloading an e-book, or sharing a social media post.
It’s important to note that the publisher is the one making the offer, not you. You can find CPA offers through affiliate networks or CPA networks.
CPA networks host offers from advertisers that pay you (the promoter) when you drive specific actions. CPA networks also host offers from publishers, like you, who want to earn money by promoting these advertisers’ offers.
When you sign up for a CPA network, you will create a publisher account. Next, you’ll select a type of offer to promote, such as a product trial, e-book download, or subscription service.
Using the network’s campaign builder, you’ll create an advertisement to promote the offer. Then, you’ll select where to display that advertisement, such as on social media networks or in search engines. When a user clicks your advertisement and completes the specified action, you’ll earn a profit.
Continue Reading to learn how you can promote these offers and make good some money.
How to Start CPA Marketing For Beginners?
Before you get started with CPA marketing, here are a few things you should set up first:
- Create a website/Blog.
- Grow your social media page.
- Drive targeted Traffic to Your Website.
- Pick a Niche.
- Join CPA Networks that offer Products in Your Niche.
- Pick an Offer to Promote.
- Optimize Your Website/blog Content for that Offer.
- Start Promotion.
What are CPA Networks?
CPA networks are platforms that bring offer providers and promoters together. They act as the middleman between the advertiser and the promoter.
For instance, if you are in need of US citizens’ emails, instead of reaching the citizens personally, you can drop the offer on CPA networks with the amount you are paying per email.
Then, it will be displayed on the CPA network for the publishers or promoters to promote. The CPA network will now stand as a middleman between you and the advertiser.
Top 5 Best CPA Marketing Networks
Are you planning to start CPA marketing? if yes, there is no doubt that you will need the best CPA marketing networks to start with. That is why we have compiled a list of the top 5 best CPA marketing Networks for you below;
One of the best and most popular CPA networks is maxbounty. Many people prefer this network to other CPA networks because of the amazing offers on the platform.
This CPA network has been existing since 2004 and was rated as the best CPA network in 2009. However, they are very strict when it comes to account approval. And there are some countries they don’t accept.
Below are some of the things you need to know about maxbounty;
Minimum payout: $100
Payment methods: cheque, PayPal, Wire, Payoneer, ACH (Direct Deposit).
CPAlead is a perfect CPA network for publishers with blogs or websites. Their offers come in different format such as banners, popups, popunders, etc that is suitable for blogs.
They also partner with big brands like Samsung, Netflix, Amazon, Spotify, and many others.
CPAlead payout Details:
Minimum Payout: $50
Payment methods: Wire Transfer, Bitcoin, PayPal, Payoneer, Cheque, and ACH
CPAgrip is another best CPA network for both advertisers and publishers. One of the things I love about this network is its content locker. With the content locker offer, you can promote your files or books and make money from them.
You will just lock the files, links, or books and promote the given link to the document. Whenever someone tries to access the documents, they will have to complete an action before they can be able to access them. If they complete the action, you will earn a commission.
CPAgrip payout details:
Minimum payout: $50
Payment methods: Payoneer, Paypal, and ACH
When talking about the best CPA networks with great offers in niches like crypto, beauty, fashion, pets, gaming, and travel, Mylead will be among if not the first. If you are stating CPA marketing in those niches, consider checking Mylead.
Mylead Payout Details:
Minimum payout: $20
Payment methods: Bitcoin, PayPal, Revolut, Skrill, Webmoney.ru
Adcombo is a great CPA network that offers many different campaigns that many other CPA networks don’t. If you are planning to dive into the following niche, You should consider checking adcombo;
>>VOD (Video on Demand)
Adcombo payout details;
Minimum payout: $50
Payment methods: Wire, Payoneer, PayPal, WebMoney, Paxum, Capitalist, ePayService.
How to Get Accepted by CPA Networks?
Getting approval on some CPA networks like CPAgrip is very easy, and some are very strict. However, getting approval from most CPA networks should not be a big problem if you know the tips I am going to show below.
There are two steps to getting approval by most CPA networks; The first issuing a website and the second is acting as a seasonal CPA marketer. wait let me explain
let’s start with the first one. In almost every CPA marketing application form there is always a space for a website. But most people leave it empty or choose other methods of promotion.
Many CPA marketers agreed that using a website as a method of promoting tends to guarantee approval faster than other methods. Well, you will need to use a standard and well-designed website or blog for this method.
And the second method is by telling them that you have been using other CPA networks, but someone told you about the new platform, so you want to try them out.
For instance, when you apply for maxbounty, they will ask “How are you planning to promote the offers?” Simply tell them you are a seasonal CPA marketer who has been using other CPA networks.
Although, some CPA networks only approve people from some specific countries. And if you are not in those countries, both methods may not work.
How to Pick The Best CPA Offers
Your success in the game of CPA marketing solemnly depends on the type of offers you choose to promote, and the offers you promote will be decided by your niche of interest, so if you’re a total beginner, do not be afraid, because we are going to help you pick the best offers regardless of your niche.
CPA offers aren’t easy to get like Affiliate programs that you can get directly from Google, however, this doesn’t mean there’s no place to find them, you can find CPA offers easily in places like offervault.com, Affiliateseeking.com, and odigger.com.
For this tutorial, we are going to go with Odigger. Once you visit odigger.com, the homepage looks like the one below
As you can see above, the homepage consists of a Search bar that’s highlighted in red and a Network filter highlighted in blue.
So to find the best offers in your niche, all you need to do is, type your niche into the search bar and you will see all related CPA offers.
Example: If you’re in the Fitness niche, you can simply type in fitness or type in any keyword in the fitness niche after which all CPA offers will be displayed.
Note: This isn’t for the Fitness niche alone, it works the same for every single niche either broad or micro.
You can see that Odigger displays both the price, CPA network, and date added.
Do not rush to pick offers due to their high payment offers, because it can be tempting to do so, just implement the procedures below to pick the best.
- Offer Landing Page: The landing page of the offer you promote is really key to your conversion rate because a poor sales page will convert less as compared to a well-optimised sales page.
So I advise you to go with a landing page that looks professional because it will give you the best result for your hard earn traffic.
- Offer Requirement: This is another key point because most CPA offers often require you to target a specific country or state.
Also, pay attention to the lead requirement ( Is the network looking for people to drop their emails? Phone numbers or download a specific app) Knowing all this will help you best know where to promote the product.
- Payout: After putting all requirements to note, the payout can’t be neglected, because that’s what you’re working for! The payout must not be high, but make sure it equals the effort you will put in to make it.
Related: Top 5 Best Niches for Affiliate Marketing on Instagram
How to Promote CPA Offers and Make Money
People may say there are many ways to promote CPA offers, but basically, there are two ways; Free and paid. Both are going to be explained in the next paragraph.
CPA offers can be promoted without spending a dime. However, it is always slower in conversion to the paid ones and requires more effort. If you don’t much money to use paid methods or you prefer the free methods, below are some of the platforms and methods you can use.
- Give out valuable using content locker (This is only applicable to CPA networks that offer Content locker)
- Make use of your blog
- Promote through social media handles without spamming
- Make use of forums like Reddit, medium, and others
- Promote through Q&A platforms like quora
- Youtube videos
The easiest and fastest way to promote CPA offers is through paid methods. This paid method simply implies paid adverts. If you are ready to spend on ads to promote CPA offers, below are some good platforms you can use to get a perfect result.
- Social media ads
- Google ads
- Paid traffic to your CPA marketing blog (If you have any)
- Youtube ads
How to Start a Blog For CPA Marketing
A blog is one of the best ways if not the best way to run CPA marketing successfully. But you will need to know the steps to take to be a successful CPA marketer through blogging.
If starting a blog for CPA marketing is your plan, then you are in the right place to get everything you need to know. The following are simple steps to start a blog for CPA marketing;
- Choose a niche: Niche is the first thing to consider when starting a blog for CPA marketing. It is very important to take your time and come up with a perfect and easy niche. If you’re confused about the word Niche, it is simply your topic of interest.
- Choose a perfect CPA network: Choosing a perfect CPA network here simply means the network that has offers related to your niche. Let, for instance, your niche is crypto and the network you sign up for doesn’t have crypto offers. It will be hard for you to get your audience to engage in unrelated offers.
- Make the blog live: Now that you have already gotten a niche and perfect CPA network, the next thing is to make the blog live. That is, host the blog either with free blogging platforms or paid ones and start publishing useful content for the targeted audience.
- Promote the blog: Promoting is very important. However, basically, there are two methods of promoting; free and paid which have been explained in one of the above sections.
How to Grow Social Media Page for CPA Marketing
Growing a social media page is the first thing to do if you are planning to use it for CPA marketing. The more active followers you have, the more people will click on your offer links which will result in more earnings.
I have seen a lot of people buying followers, but it is not advisable. It is not too bad if you are getting the targeted followers, but growing your page naturally will help more in the long run.
The following are the steps to grow social media pages for CPA marketing;
- Create a professional profile: Many people will ignore this, but it is very important. Before people follow your page, the first thing they will check is how the page appears.
And to avoid missing potential followers, make the page look professional with a good image.
- Post regularly: Almost every social media algorithm favour those who post regularly. Posting regularly will increase your engagement and followers as well.
- Know the perfect posting time: There are some times your post will get more engagements. It may be in the morning, afternoon, evening, or later in the night.
It is your responsibility to know which time your posts get more engagements and schedule your post to that time.
- Useful content: It doesn’t matter what kind of content you are creating, just make sure it is unique and engaging. with this, you will gain the trust of the audience and also attract new audiences.
- Interact with your audience: Interacting with your audience here means responding to their requests, reply their comments if necessary, and their messages as well.
How to Measure Success with CPA Marketing
Before you start your first campaign, you should have a set of goals in mind for measuring success. Depending on your campaign, you might measure success based on click-through rates, conversions, or other metrics.
Pros and Cons of CPA Marketing
- Create revenue with your existing audience – you’re looking to generate revenue from your existing audience, CPA is a great way to do so. You can promote offers to your email subscribers, social media followers, or your own website visitors
- Start small and test new campaigns – CPA marketing lets you start small and test new campaigns to see what works best for your business. You can promote different offers to different audiences to help you understand what’s working best for your business.
- Reach new audiences – CPA marketing lets you reach new audiences that might not be familiar with your brand. This is especially helpful if you’re trying to reach new audiences or if your existing audience isn’t buying from you.
- Stay focused on your core products and services – If you’re focusing on CPA marketing to generate revenue, you can stay focused on promoting your core products and services. This will help you generate revenue while also growing your audience.
- It’s not a long-term solution – While CPA marketing is a great way to generate revenue from your existing audience or reach new audiences, it’s not a long-term solution. You want to focus on growing and diversifying your income streams to protect yourself against short-term fluctuations.
- It can be competitive – CPA marketing can be competitive, especially for highly targeted keywords and audiences. You’ll want to stay focused on growing and diversifying your income streams to protect yourself against short-term fluctuations.
You should also set a budget for each campaign. This will help you stay focused and make sure you don’t overspend.
Summary of CPA Marketing for Beginners
CPA marketing is a great way to make money, and it seems to be the easiest way of making money online. All you need to be successful in this business is to be focused and implement the right strategies and I promise you will see results faster than expected.
The easiest way to grow as a marketer is to be consistent with your work and always learn something new each day, in this way, you will always be ahead and never lack any knowledge when it comes to marketing.
This post contains affiliate links.