5 Best Sony Camera For Video And Photos
Sony is the world’s largest and most renowned camera production brand which has and still contributes the most to the Photography and filmmaking industry, and I strongly believe that’s why you are looking for the Best Sony Camera For Video And Photos.
Sony is well known for its Mirrorless and Bridge cameras which are by far the best in the video content production industry and are well-trusted by their customers globally due to their top-notch products.
At times I ask myself where Sony gets its innovative ideas from to create such fantastic video cameras that seem to be incomparable to other brands, but then I remember how long they’ve been producing cameras.
In this article, I am going to make a list of the 5 Best Sony Cameras For Video And Photos alongside their features to help you make an informed decision on which of the Cameras you should go for.
Why Sony Camera
There are numerous reasons for you to use a Sony camera but here are a few reasons
- Low-light Performance: Sony Alpha cameras are built with some of the best professional look image qualities that allow them to take great quality images even with poor lighting and a dimly-lit environment. This is the main reason why most event-handling cameramen love sony cameras.
- Non-lense Selectors: Sony cameras use all kinds of lenses from a different brands with the help of a separate mount.
- Double Memory Card Slots: In these days, you hardly see mirrorless camera brands that can boldly say they offer 2 memory card slots, and this is where Sony mirrorless can win the race. Sony modern cameras offer a double memory slot option that makes it easy for users to store more video footage when recording without fear of not having enough storage problems.
Note: These cameras are not listed in any specific order!
1. Sony a7R IV
The Sony Alpha 7R IV is Sony’s fourth generation, high-resolution full-frame mirrorless with an interchangeable lens camera that is built around a BSI-CMOS sensor with 61MP image output. This Camera is also known as the World’s first Camera with a 61MP full-frame back-illuminated Exmor sensor which gives it an edge over its competitors.
As compared to the previous versions, Sony promises to make the Alpha 7R IV one of the best cameras for both photos and videos which includes their latest autofocus which works even in motion recording (Continues shooting) this feature makes to love this camera the more.
Regardless of their high resolution, the Sony a7R IV shoots 4k quality videos with the autofocus of up to 10 frames per second which is really good.
Sony a7R IV Features
- Enhanced Real-time Eye AutoFocus that delivers more successful portraiture.
- Wireless PC (laptop) remote function.
- High-Resolution 4k movies.
- Upgraded fast hybrid autofocus speed that’s precise, smooth and also more stable.
- Ability to control external flashes from the camera.
- Reliable durability and weather resistance in tough situations.
- Dual media slots, both supporting UHS-II.
- High-speed 10 frames per second burst shooting with Autofocus /Auto Exposure tracking.
- Allows up to 68 images in continuous shooting.
- Wide, fast, and steadfast Autofocus evolution.
- 14-bit RAW output for natural gradations.
- 61.0MP full-frame CMOS sensor.
The price of the Sony a7R IV is $3,198.00 which is moderate.
2. Sony A7S III
Just, as usual, Sony did not fail to deliver the quality they are well known for. The Sony a7S III is a 12.1mp (Megapixels) based camera that captures low-noise images that were built with a new BIONZ XR processing engine that delivers 8x more processing power.
Most of the problems being faced by event camera handlers are the low light issues that most cameras are unable to handle, however, with the Sony a7S III you do not have to worry about low light problems because this camera still takes high-quality images regardless of the lighting quality.
Additionally, the Sony a7s III camera is built with world-class rated autofocus for both still and continuous shooting that shoots 4k videos at 10 frames per second which is great.
Features of Sony Alpha 7s III
- Low noise images with ISO up to 409,6003 and 15+stop dynamic range.
- 10-bit 4:2:2 video gives it a more realistic look.
- Efficient MPEG-H HEVC/H.265 (XAVC HS™) coding.
- Fast hybrid autofocus in all modes (Both images and videos).
- Faster file transfer using a USB Type-C (USB 3.2) connector.
- Built-in digital audio interface for top-notch audio quality.
- Two Memory Card slots.
- The New BIONZ XR processing engine delivers 8x more processing power.
- Brand new touch interface.
- 12.1MP back-illuminated sensor.
- 3 flip-out, vari-angle LCD monitor w/ touch menu and controls.
The price of the Sony Alpha 7s III is $3,500.00.
3. Sony Alpha 6400
The Sony Alpha 6400 is an interchangeable-lens camera that is built with a 24MP APS-C sensor, a world-class autofocus system, and great video features.
The Sony Alpha 6400 is a great camera option for bloggers and content creators due to its ability to record high-quality 4k videos at 30 frames per second in the XAVCS format at bitrates up to 100Mbps or full HD at up to 120frames per second at the same bitrate, fantastic still image quality, and advanced eye detecting autofocus with 180 degrees rotatable screen that allows you to see yourself whiles recording.
This camera was launched in 2019 as part of the a6 series which are the most recommended cameras for content creators. The only downside of this camera is the less external control feature else, this camera is a great option for all kinds of shooting.
Additionally, this camera also supports external recording via its HDMI port at high quality.
Features of Sony Alpha 6400
- High-speed continuous shooting with autofocus and auto exposure tracking.
- 24.2MP (MegaPixels).
- Autofocus in Focus Magnifier for finer focus adjustment.
- High-quality autofocus in dim light.
- Record 4k movies at a higher bit rate.
- Newly added 1:1 aspect ratio for easier social-media shots.
- 120 frames per second for both slow and fast motion recording.
- One-touch remote, One-touch sharing, Location Information Link.
- Extraordinary image quality, low noise and a wider ISO range.
- Support for professional-quality mic and audio input.
- 180°-tiltable LCD screen with versatile touch functions.
- Boosted eye autofocus.
- Advanced Ai object recognition.
- HDMI port for external recording.
The price of the Sony Alpha 6400 is $1,118.00.
4. Sony Alpha 6600
The Sony Alpha 6600 is a fully packed camera for all kinds of shooting in all situations because it comes with smart and fast autofocus, steady image stabilization, long-lasting battery life, fantastic image quality and 4k HDR moving shooting.
The Sony a6600 is an E-mount mirrorless interchangeable lens camera with a 24 Megapixel APS-C sensor, this camera also carries a built-in Real-time Tracking autofocus technology, which seamlessly and reliably transitions from subject tracking to face detection and finally to eye detection, which is great for vlogging.
This camera shoots high-quality 4k/30p videos at 11 frames per second with a new and advanced autofocus and auto exposure. You can see the rest features below.
Features of Sony Alpha 6600
- In-Built 5-axis optical image stabilisation.
- Easy manual focus with a vivid peaking function.
- Both mutual focus and autofocus mode support focus magnifiers for finer adjustment.
- 14-bit RAW output with rich tonal gradation.
- Accurate autofocus tracking with Real-time Eye autofocus for better movies.
- Supports an external microphone and audio input plus a headphone jack.
- Clean HDMI output for professional video graphics.
- High-capacity InfoLithium Z battery for long-duration shooting.
- Improved ergonomic grip for easy handling.
- Prioritised display of autofocus area and ISO display limit.
- 180°-tiltable LCD screen with versatile touch functions.
- 24.2MP (MegaPixel) Exmor CMOS sensor.
- Supports unparalleled autofocus performance.
- Real-time Tracking holds focuses on tracked subjects (For fast-moving objects).
- Improved real-time eye autofocus that supports portrait shooting.
- The price of the Sony Alpha 6600 is $1,688.00.
5. Sony Alpha 7 iii
The Sony a7 III is also part of the a7 series but I won’t say it is new because it was launched in 2018 and there have been newer versions of the a7 series that don’t stop this camera from delivering quality graphics and are still making it a great option.
The Sony Alpha 7 III 24.2 megapixel camera shoots 4k high-quality video at 10 frames per second this camera has one of the most fastest and powerful autofocus that allows you to fully focus on the subject.
This camera also comes with a long-lasting battery to ensure you record to your satisfaction without facing any battery-low issues and also supports two memory card slots for professional single-hand recording.
Features of Sony Alpha 7iii
- Back-illuminated 24.2MP (MegaPixels) full-frame sensor x2 faster than usual.
- Wider, Faster and more stable autofocus.
- Focal-plane phase-detection AF supports A-mount lenses.
- AF-ON button with multi-selection.
- Newly featured constant eye autofocus.
- Records at 10 frames per second with autofocus and auto exposure tracking.
- Supports anti-flicker shooting.
- Shoots natural, vivid and realistic 4k movies.
- It supports a wide range of needs in HDR movie production.
- Improved fast hybrid autofocus for movie recording.
- Touch screen for easy instant focus operation.
- Smooth PC tethering via USB 3.1 Gen 1 port.
- Get location Information Link via Bluetooth.
- Long battery life for better shooting.
- Dual memory card slots with UHS-II compatibility.
The price of the Sony Alpha 7iii is $1,639.00.
I believe this list will help you make an informed decision on which of the cameras to go for depending on your need.
Years back, Sony used to be an option in the camera industry, however, in recent years they have made a series of changes and have come up with lots of innovative ideas that have really boosted its profile and trust rate.
All the cameras in this list deliver quality images and videos with great autofocus systems and long-lasting batteries, dual card slots and more awesome features.
When choosing a camera, it all boils down to the features you need and the amount of money you are willing to invest.
You can also check our top 10 Best Screen Recorders for Youtubers
This post contains affiliate links.