10 Best SEO Tips to Rank Higher on Google SERP
Search Engine Optimization is the backbone of any marketing strategy today. So, which SEO tricks should you store up your sleeve?
You might be wondering why everyone wants to rank higher on Google. Well, because it holds almost 92% of all the search engines‘ market share. Now, when you combine this information with the fact that more than 68% of all online experiences begin with a simple search, you can understand why it’s imperative.
That’s when SEO strategy kicks in and helps any business, brand, or blog stand out in SERP. However, with 1.9 billion websites, the competition is fairly teeming, to say the least.
So, how do you stand out in the such fierce competition? Moreover, do you even have a chance of doing so? Yes, you definitely do, and it all comes down to how you use SEO elements to your benefit. Therefore, to help you understand that, let’s get started with this guide.
What Are Search Engine Ranks?
Search engine ranks are the ideal situation in which a website or blog finds itself among one of the top numbers. The factors that count into making such ranks include:
- Good quality content
- Top-notch backlinking strategies
- Website quality and performance
- On & Off-Page SEO tactics
- General reputation, i.e., DA ranks
- Blog originality & plagiarism-free content
- Keyword usage and target audience understanding
If a brand or business tends to these elements properly, it’s effectively working towards better SEO ranks. So, how does it all come together for them?
The simple answer is: by using the key SEO factors mentioned above. Each of these SEO aspects helps a website or domain stand out in its particular department, i.e., backlinks or Off-Page SEO.
Whereas content is the one constant among all these factors. Because whether you post it in your own domain or outside of it, you need to ensure its originality.
Understanding Four Key SEO Elements
The four major pillars of SEO require you to understand each one. These are the main pillars that build up your domain’s structure. Therefore, you need to make sure you grasp each one of them, such as:
- Technical SEO – Technical SEO is the website or server optimization tactic of SEO. This is perhaps the most vital part of SEO as it allows search engine spiders or crawlers to index your website more efficiently. It’s also a vital ingredient in increasing your organic appearance in SERP.
- On-Page SEO – On-Page SEO is the practice of optimizing or tweaking individual pages/content on a domain to improve its SERP performance. This includes title tags, metadata, etc.
- Off-Page SEO – Off-Page, unlike on-page SEO, is all the SEO practices happening outside of your domain. This includes guest posting, outbound links, etc.
- Content Creation – Content creation is yet another essential factor in generating SERP prowess. This includes original research for topics and formulating headlines. Then, it’s also about using the right keywords throughout your content. Finally, add on or off-page SEO elements to tie it all together. Moreover, content is the only SEO aspect that remains constant throughout on & off-page tactics.
10 Tips & Tricks To Get Better SERP Ranks
Getting better SERP ranks is a matter of tending to various SEO elements. In order to help you understand just what they are, let’s dive in deeper. So, let’s talk about the 10 promised tips and tricks for better SEO:
Determine Your Website and competitor Domain Authority
Finding your website’s and competitor’s domain authority is one of the first steps you need to take. If, despite all your efforts, your website isn’t ranking higher, then checking its DA might help you determine exactly why.
Here’s an example:
By using an online tool, you can check DA PA of your website, as well as its Moz ranks (MR). In order to rank higher, it needs to be at least 6 or 6.5.
On the other hand, you can also use this DA checker to evaluate more information on more than 20 competitors at a time.
Strong Off page SEO-Enhance Your Backlinking Profile
Enhancing your backlinking profile can help you rank higher in SERP as well. One of the 200-ranking factors by google includes a viable backlink profile of a domain. So, if your website doesn’t have viable backlinks, then all you need is a backlink maker.
Here, you will have to use the free backlink generator by putting your website’s URL in it. Then, the tool will grant you ideal backlinks for your domain that will boost your website domain and page authority.
Ensure Specific Keyword Density
Keyword density is a delicate matter, and crossing the line just a little can push Google towards deeming your content as “keyword stuffed.” Experts suggest that the ideal keyword density is around 1-2% of the content. Therefore:
- Use a keyword density checker
- Try alternative keywords
- Bring down the percentage to 2-3% max
This will help you avoid keyword stuffing.
Make Your Content More Readable
Content readability is yet another key factor in determining the quality of content present at the time. Therefore, it’s imperative that you focus on improving content readability by:
- Use shorter & less complicated words
- Avoid jargon
- Three to four sentences per paragraph
- Use subheadings
- Use smooth transitions
These factors can help you write smooth and fluent content. So, try to write for the typical reader, not the expert.
Write Original Content – Avoid Plagiarism
Original content is one of the bare necessities of online prowess. In order to generate organic traffic from SERP, it’s imperative that you focus on writing original & plagiarism-free content. So, how do you do that?
- First, Go to an online tool for Plagiarism check:
Here, you can see how the plagiarism checker scans our pasted content for plagiarism.
- Now, we can see that our content was 100% plagiarized. Therefore, it needs to be removed or rephrased to pass the originality test.
Ensure Your Page-Loading Speed
A website’s slow page-loading times are a detrimental factor, which might increase your website’s bounce rate. That’s why you must optimize your website for quick loading times.
So, how do you do that? Fixing unwanted long redirects removes broken backlinks and avoids orphaned or zombie pages in your domain.
Optimize Website For Mobile Phones
By the end of 2021, 54% of all global internet traffic originated from mobile phone devices. Therefore, if your website isn’t loading well enough for mobile phone users, then you are losing a lot of internet traffic. So, optimize your website for better loading speeds on mobile phones.
Use Local SEO Elements – Keywords & Map Sign-Up
Local SEO is an important factor in higher SERP Ranks. The fact that 97% of the online audience searches online to find local businesses should tell you its importance.
Therefore, you need to make sure you use local keywords and sign-up your business on the map to attract the audience in your vicinity.
Ensure On-Page SEO Tactics
On-Page SEO tactics can help you stand out in SERP almost seamlessly. Because search engine crawlers prefer pages & websites with proper on-page optimization. Here’s what you need to do:
- Use SEO-friendly titles/headlines
- Write proper H1, H2 & H3 headers
- Use primary keyword within the first hundred words
- Metadata, i.e., meta title, description, and slug
- Use ALT tags and titles for videos & images
Use Visual Content Where Possible
Speaking of visual content, you need to use a visual representation of your data wherever you can. Whether you use screenshots, data charts, statistics, or even memes, add videos to increase the informative value of your content.
There you have it, folks, and the basic guide to help you get better SERP ranks. All these SERP elements can push your website to be seen by the search engine crawlers and push them to rank your page higher on the first SERP. Also, consider reading The Beginners Guide To SEO [Search Engine Optimization] in other to give more ideas on how to properly optimize your website for success.
This post contains affiliate links.