The Amazon Affiliate Program is a great way to monetize your blog or youtube channel. It’s a simple way to earn money by promoting products that are already popular and in demand. But getting started can be a bit overwhelming. There’s a lot of information out there, and it can be hard to know where to begin.
But before moving on, Is very necessary you know some basics about affiliate marketing before moving on.
What Is Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate marketing is an online marketing strategy where you earn a commission by promoting other people’s (or company’s) products. You can promote virtually anything on your site, from ebooks to online courses, from physical products to digital downloads, affiliate marketing is a popular way for bloggers and website owners alike to earn extra income.
What is the Amazon Affiliate Program?
The amazon associate Program is one of the world’s first e-commerce affiliate marketing networks that was released back in 1996 and still holds the biggest share in the affiliate marketing industry, due to its easy usability and lucrativeness that has pushed a lot of content creators to it globally.
There are lots of content creators out there that are making tons of money just by recommending amazon products to their audience and they get paid a commission for each sale they make.
How Does the Amazon Affiliate Program Work?
The Amazon Affiliate Program is a way for you to earn commissions by promoting Amazon products on your website, social media, or other online marketing efforts. The program is free to join and is open to all content creators who are willing to upscale their website’s revenue by selling other products and services.
However, the commission rate varies depending on the product category but is generally between 4% and 10%. For example, if you refer a customer to Amazon who purchases a $100 product, you would earn a $4-$10 commission depending on the commission rate associated with that product.
How to Join the Amazon Affiliate Program?
Joining the Amazon affiliate program is simple and straightforward. Go to https://affiliate-program.amazon.com and click on the “Sign up” button. You’ll need to create an Amazon account if you don’t already have one. Once you’re logged in, you can start the application process. The application is quick and easy.
How to Promote Amazon Products to Generate More Sales?
Now that you know how Amazon associates work, you need to know how to promote your preferred products to generate more sales. There are numerous ways in which you can promote your affiliate offers and make sales but I am going to list the best options that have and still works for me.
1. Start a Blog or YouTube Channel
Having your own blog or a YouTube channel is the best and most lucrative way to make more money as an affiliate marketer and for you to be accepted into the associate’s program, you’re required to have either a blog or YouTube channel and it will be even better if you could have both.
Setting up a blog for affiliate marketing is quite simple all you need to follow the 4 steps below.
- Pick a niche – A niche is a specific topic or field that interest you and you can impact lives with. For example health, technology, web design, MMO (Make Money Online), Scholarship (Education), Banking, affiliate marketing etc. So I advise you to pick a niche that interest you.
- Know Your Targeted Audience – Your targeted audience is a group of people who are interested in your business and the product you have to offer. So knowing your audience and your interests are going to help you be successful in your business.
- Get web hosting – Web hosting is a place where your website lives. Just like a physical business needs offices, so does your website needs an office in the digital space.
When picking a web hosting provider, I always recommend you go for a quality and well-trusted web hosting provider. Some of my recommendations are Hostgator, NameCheap, Hostinger and GreenGeeks.
- Optimize your Website for Google Search – Search Engine traffic is one of the best and most free sources of traffic that your website can get.
According to research, search engine traffic have a high conversion rate nonetheless, your conversion rate could be better or lower depending on how well your website is optimized for search engine ranking.
- Create great content – The only thing that will attract people to your blog is the quality of your content. So when creating your blog, your main focus should be creating great content that people will like and share because the more website visitors you get, the more chances you make sales as an affiliate.
- Apply to affiliate programs – Once your blog is up and running and getting regular traffic, your next step should be joining good affiliate networks in your niche and Amazon is one of the all-around affiliate programs for all niches.
2. Pick an on-demand Product in Your Niche
As an affiliate marketer, you don’t just wake up and pick a product just because is in your niche but rather know what your audience wants and sell that to them. Also, don’t promote products due to high commissions but based on what your readers want and of good quality.
The only way to know what your audience need is by; identifying them and their needs, identifying the top-performing content website or promotional channel, and picking a good product related to it and promoting.
3. Create Product Reviews
Product reviews can easily help you reach a wider audience because most people who are interested in a particular product, first make research about that product on either YouTube or Google.
So when you’re able to write a quality review that’s both user and search-engine friendly, you will have a high chance of ranking higher on search engines (Google, Bing etc) and when that happens, at least 75% of visitors will make a purchase through your link.
Also, always include CTA’s ( Call To Action) in your product reviews because humans need instructions to act and your CTA is your only way to give instructions.
4. Increasing Conversions from Banner Ads on your Website or Blog
Banner ads are undoubtedly one of the most converting ad formats so it won’t be a bad idea if you give it a try Amazon does offer a banner per product you promote in HTML format so you can easily embed it in your website.
When embedding, make sure not to embed in a place where it distracts users or destroys the look of your website, so I recommend you place it at your website sidebar.
The amazon associates program is well tested and trusted affiliate program that every blogger should consider giving a try as it offers both digital and physical products which makes it really awesome.
Now that you’ve set up your blog or YouTube channel, I will advise you to join other affiliate banks as well as you may not get all the products you desire to promote on Amazon.
This post contains affiliate links.